Monday, May 19, 2014

A Lovely Day With Washi Tape

It's that time of year again: the annual Papercrafts Magazine Gallery Idol contest. The first round requirement is to use Washi tape. I decided to buy some tape for the first time and play along.
 

The first card (above) was made by creating a scenic background with three patterns of tape. I left the edges roughly torn, then stamped the sun, house, fence and sentiment over the tape. I used a corner punch to add interest to three of the corners before I layered the whole thing over black cardstock.
 
 
For the second card, I stamped and punched some "gears" to wind the Washi tape around. The background is metallic cardstock and the sentiment is printed on vellum. I added a brad to the centers of the gears and attached them with dimensional tape. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like all the patterns / colors. I haven't used washi tape yet, but it's the trendy thing, isn't it? I like that you stamped on it. Beautiful, creative cards...