Thursday, June 26, 2014

Moxie Fab Desk

My studio/office has been in need of a thorough cleaning/downsizing for a long time, and I now have a little more incentive to get the job done. Moxie Fab World is hosting a Creative Spaces Link Party - Show Me Your Desk. So, here's the drafting table that I use for all my card-making (and homework when I am in school). The wall hanging is from Peru, brought back by my mom from one of her many trips.

 
My favorite craft item - the cutting board that always stays sharp and never needs replacement blades - is at one end. The little acrylic unit to the left of it holds just the essentials like a glue stick, scissors and a few blank notecards. It is a cosmetics organizer.  

 
Another view of the cutter and organizer (with containers of paper packs in the background). It's nice to be able to work from two sides of my desk, and I can stand or sit in my tall drafting chair.

 
The items at the other end of the desk include an old DVD organizer that I now use for ribbon. I had originally hung it on a wall vertically, and tacked fishing line across the bottom of each "shelf" so the ribbon wouldn't roll out. My pencils, pens, scissors and much-used punches are contained in a teapot and mug set, and a big "chick" mug I found after an Easter sale years ago. On the far left you can see my first camera from the '60s.

 
I'll be back soon with more views of the studio and organization ideas.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful! You're making good use of your time now that you have a school break, eh?

cheryl (clee') said...

Yes, Lisa - organization is at the top of my list...it's so much easier to get things done when I can find all the parts and pieces :)

Cindy C. said...

Neat!!! Love those tea pot and cups used for storage!